Sunday, January 20, 2008

Calgary, Alberta A Very Bright Object With A Long Tail

Posted: January 20, 2008

Date: September 24, 2006 Time: 0545 a.m.

HBCC UFO Research Note: I received a similar report like this one below from a witness. The only difference was that the object the folks saw in the Houston, B.C. area was green in color. Plus the Houston sighting which was a meteor was seen at the beginning of September.

Message: On September 24th 2006 at 0545 am I was driving north in Calgary on 18th Street near 70th Avenue SE. I saw a very bright object with a long tail streak toward the ground until it disappeared behind the trees. The object and it's tail looked different than most "shooting stars" because the colour was very bright and was silver. The head of the object did not appear much larger or brighter than the tail. Both were as bright as an extremely bright flash bulb. The tail did not diminish in size or brightness and the whole object and its tail moved much slower than any other meteors I have seen. I thought at first I was watching an aircraft (or part of one) crashing to the ground.

But as I watched I noticed no debris or flaring of gasses, just a long streak that went at an oblique angle until it disappeared behind the trees. Because it did not break up, and because it appeared so large I thought it was going to crash into the city core. (No report was made to the media that I am aware of.) The path of the object was as follows. I was driving my car facing north and the object started at the upper left corner of my windshield. Still looking out the windshield, I watched it travelling at a 30 to 40 degree angle to the horizon downward and toward the center of my vision.

It had reached a point above the left edge of my steering wheel when it disappeared from view behind the trees which were about a city block ahead of me and slightly to my left. Because it was not diminishing nor breaking up I believe that it probably crashed in an area straight north and a little west of north of Calgary. Once again what makes this object unusual is it's extreme silver colour and brightness and the sharp straight sides of its tail and the clarity and consistency of the tail. Holding my hand at arms length in front of me, the tail would require 4 of my fingers to blot out its length. The width of the tail would be half the width of my finger. No gassy trail remained behind the tail as the object and it's tail moved.

Thank you to the witness for the report.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments:

Post a Comment