Sunday, January 20, 2008

Invermere, B.C. Several Dark Circular Shapes Making Unusual Aerial Acrobatics

Posted: January 20, 2008

Date: September 24, 2006 Time: 12:00 - 1:00 a.m.

Dear Mr. Vike: I was interested to read your story about UFO sightings at Castlegar BC. My son telephoned me last weekend about a similar experience that same night, outside of Invermere BC. He and some friends went up in the mountains outside of Invermere, to get a better view of the Aurora Borealis that was happening that night. They reported seeing several dark circular shapes, flying in formations, and performing unusual aerial acrobatics. If you are interested in more details, I will have him contact you.

Additional Information:

My dad sent you an email the other day regarding objects I saw.

On September 24, 2006 at 12:00-1:00 am, my friends and I went into a highpoint of a field just outside of Invermere, B.C. to watch the aurora borealis over the Rockies. One of us noticed silhouettes of multiple uniformly shaped ovals which at first appeared far away but moved closer towards the town and seemed to make formations. At some points a few would disappear, but then we saw where others seemed to re-appear at a different point in the horizon.

This continued for a good 10 minutes when one of my friends brought out a didgeridoo, one of those native Australian musical instruments and played loudly and pointing right in the direction of the dark shapes (at this point they seemed to be much closer as they were much greater in size). Almost instantly one appeared much closer than the others and was much more circular as you would imagine looking underneath instead of to the side. My friend continued to play, and put on electronic music, when 3 more came above us. There were no lights and we could not make out any details of what it was, just that they were big and round, but more flat when looking from the side, like what I would imagine a silhouette of a flying saucer to look like.

Another thing is we would have never seen them if the northern lights weren't going on as it was for this that we could see the silhouettes in the night sky. When they disappeared they could have very well have been in another point in the sky and we wouldn't have been able to see them. The whole experience lasted about 25 minutes.

Thank you to the witness for the fascinating report.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

1 comment:

  1. Hello, yesterday evening about 6.20pm, I observed a bright light slowly passing just above cloud level over Invermere, BC, moving due north. It was not an aircraft or helicopter (no identification lights) and was travelling too slowly. I was standing outside the No Frills supermarket waiting for my wife when I noticed the object. Unfortunately, I did not have my new Nikon Camera or binoculars with me at the time (I usually have them to hand when visiting BC), but I did take some video footage with my Samsung 6 phone. I have just returned home to Calgary and will try to expand and stabilize the image on my video editor.

    ReplyDelete