Monday, January 28, 2008

Northeast Of Calgary, Alberta A Rapidly Moving Light

Posted: January 28, 2008

Date: June 25, 2007 Time: Approx: 11:50 p.m.

Tonight at approximately 11:50pm I spotted what appeared to be a rapidly moving star – at first I thought it was a satellite, but based on my previous observations of satellite movements, this object was moving far too quickly to be a satellite. It moved in a northward direction, but was quite faint and I found it difficult to track the object’s movement. I watched the object for between 30 seconds and 1 minute. The security light was on by our garage (impeding my ability to track the object), and as the object continued moving southward, I lost sight of it. I walked over to the outdoor light and unplugged it to see if I could locate the object again, and after approx. 1 minute, I located the object a second time (however, it could have been a second object, as I did lose track of this object for approx. 1 minute. The object was now tracking southward at was moving at approximately the same speed.

From my position, the object was traveling at a trajectory that was in-between the moon (to the southwest) and what I assumed to be Venus (to the southeast) – it being the brightest “star” in night sky. After tracking the star-like object for approx: 30 seconds, out of the corner of my eye I spotted a shooting star – to my left (east). The shooting star shot rapidly across the sky and then disappeared, and I continued watching the star-like object as it continued on its’ southward journey for approx. another 30 seconds (although it may have been longer – perhaps a 1 minute) before losing sight of this object – i.e. in total, the object took between 1 and 1 ½ minutes to travel across the sky from its’ original north position to where I lost sight of it in the southern sky. Note: I did not track the object all the way to a southern horizon position – instead, it seemed to grow fainter until reaching a point where the object was no longer in sight. I went inside and told my wife what I saw, and then went back outside to see if I could locate the object a third time – however, the object did not reappear.

Additional Information:

Hi Brian,

I still had too much adrenaline in my system after the White Stripes concert tonight, so I thought I would do some star gazing. Since my initial sighting, I have done some star gazing on a few occasions, and although I have spotted a few objects in the sky, I suspect these were simply airplanes as they were not traveling especially fast and they were low in the southern horizon, traveling east (I.e. based on direction, speed and trajectory, these were likely planes landing at the Saskatoon airport). Tonight however, after watching the sky for maybe 20 minutes or so, at approx 1:15AM I spotted a very faint star-like object directly overhead. It was moving very fast, heading south/south-west (from my location and perspective, it appeared to be heading just to the right of the almost-full moon). I tracked the object for about 20-30 seconds, until it was about 30-40 degrees above the southern horizon, and then lost sight of the object as the light radiating from the moon obscured my vision at this point. I watched the sky for approx. 10 more minutes as I hoped to spot the object again; however, the mosquitoes were bocoming unbearable by this time and so I gave up and came inside.

If you are aware of a likely explanation re: these sightings, I would appreciate hearing about them. Perhaps the objects are supersonic jets or concords? However, I did not hear any noise on either occasion -- do you know if jet aircraft would be audible if flying overhead if these aircraft were flying at a very high altitude (i.e. if inaudible, this would the lack of sound associated with the movement of these objects)?

PS: Thanks for your reply. After sharing my sighting experience with a few people, I received (for the most part) little or no feedback (not counting a few strange looks), I wanted to let you know that I appreciated your email and have learned that this is not the sort of thing that most people want to hear about. From this point on, I plan to share information about any future sightings that I have (including this one) with only a very select group of people.

Thank you to the witness for the report.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

Radio show host for the Vike Report, eyewitness relating their experiences. *The Vike Report Eyewitness UFO Radio Show*

Just added, the Vike Report Radio Show Blog. You can check the blog out for archived radio shows and all the new and upcoming programs I do. *Vike Report Radio Show Blog*

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments:

Post a Comment