Friday, January 11, 2008

South-East Of Verona, Ontario An Elongated Craft Emerges From Brilliant Light

Posted: January 11, 2008

Date: May 15, 2005 Time: 10:40 p.m.

Number of witnesses: 1 Number of objects: 1 Full Description of event/sighting: We live far away from city lights, so I can often be found outside on a clear night looking at the stars. I was doing just that on Sunday, May 15, 2005 at 10:40 p.m. when I noticed what appeared to be a satellite moving north to south.

As I watched it I couldn't help thinking that something wasn't quite right. The object was a little too large for a satellite, and it was moving a little too slowly. It even appeared to alter course slightly from south to south-south-east, but I discounted this as overactive imagination.. I watched it cruise out of sight over the tree tops, and was then distracted by some young raccoons chattering somewhere in the woods, so I went to investigate.

A minute later I returned, and for no good reason turned my eyes to the south-east, near where the object had disappeared. Just above the tree tops was a similar object - I can't say it was the same object, because I had lost sight of it for a while, but it was the same size and shape (spherical). It was also a bit brighter than before.

What happened next completely floored me. Suddenly the object became brilliantly white, and the circle of light started to expand, rapidly! The effect was of something rushing toward me, and I almost moved out of instinct, but nothing could move that quickly. At the peak of its expansion it appeared to virtually boil, like a white hot chemical explosion.

As quickly as this began, it reversed, and the light decayed smoothly back to a point, and then disappeared. The entire sequence from "ignition" to "shutdown" took no more than 2 or 3 seconds.

As the light decayed a craft emerged from the brilliance as if shot from a canon, and smoothly ascended up to the heavens. I watched with my jaw hanging open until it grew too small to see, a process that took perhaps 15 seconds. It did not accelerate, it did not slow, it did not turn.

The craft ejected from the ball of light was elongated, about 4 times as long as it was wide. It didn't give the impression of being cylindrical - the appearance was more that of a quartz crystal. It had a slightly reddish, rusty hue. There was no sign of wings, no sign of propulsion, no lights. The craft was illuminated only by the sun over the horizon.

I'm a mechanical engineer by trade, so I'm pretty current when it comes to man-made technology. I thought to myself that I might have seen a rocket staging, but that wouldn't fit, because there was no engine glow from the ascending craft, and where would a multi-stage rocket come from here in southern Ontario? I also tried out the idea of a fighter jet hitting the afterburners, but the craft had no wings.

I have no idea what I witnessed, and I have no explanation, so I'm reporting it to you. Have you ever received a report of anything similar, or for that matter a report of the same incident from another observer? I'll keep a watch on your web site to see if anything similar comes up.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Thank you to the eyewitness for the very interesting report. I will see what arrangements I can make to have a conversation with the person as this is an unusual sighting.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments:

Post a Comment