Saturday, January 12, 2008

South Shore of Montreal Commercial Airliners Appearing To Look Unusual

Posted: January 12, 2008

Date: August 22, 2005 Time: 7:00 p.m.

Hello, I am located in the Montreal region. On August 22, I went outside at 7:00 pm to mow the lawn. There were no clouds in the sky. I heard the sound of a small plane motor and looked up. There was one of those "lighter than air" little propeller planes - those ones that have colorful wings like kites.

I took a glance at it, but was immediately surprised that - just above it - there was a strange looking object. It looked like two old artillery shells back to back with a space between them. At first, I thought it must be a plane that I was not seeing clearly. But, no matter how long I glanced at it, I could see no wings or other details. Just the two shells with a space between them.

It moved in a straight line in a "corridor" usually used by planes. So I was suspicious nonetheless that the "other-wordly" appearance might be an illusion.

I ran inside to get my camera, but when I arrived it was already very far and the two pictures I took only showed a dot of light. I was a bit frustrated to have missed that and put the camera back inside the house.

However, just as I went back outside, I glanced up at the sky and - to my astonishment - here was ANOTHER object exactly like the first at my right, exactly where I had seen the first and following the same trajectory. This time, my camera was at the ready, so I went and picked it up just next to the front door and started shooting. I took several pictures.

I did not know what to think of this but called a friend who is very knowledgeable of planes and told him what had happened. I said I wondered if the position of the sun could make the body of a commercial plane look that way while making the wings look invisible. I took a look at the pictures and they showed what I had seen...

But then, after the chatting, I went back outside to mow the lawn. Sure enough, within five minutes, I heard the sound of a jet plane. I looked up and here was that same or similar object in the sky. Hearing the plane sound, however, made me think that what I saw earlier may have been planes too - even though I could not hear a plane sound in the first two instances.

Anyhow, I took more pictures. Then I saw two more, one right behind the other, which I thought was strange for commercial airplanes, but there was a plane sound this time also.

Yesterday, I was outside at 6:30 pm and saw identifiable commercial planes taking the same route. They were identifiable because I had binoculars this time and could tell they were planes. Also, even without binoculars, I could see the wings.

I still need to see planes in the same lighting condition at the same time of day with the same cloudless sky to see if planes WILL turn out looking like the two shells with a space in the middle.

That time, I'll be ready with binoculars.

This evening, the friend I had told my story to mentioned there was an article in the Montreal Mirror on UFOs. I checked the article on the web and a link eventually lead me to your site. I decided to check the recent sightings page and looked at some reports that featured pictures. It didn't take long that I came across the Keefer article page and saw the description and picture and video identical to what I saw.

Problem is that I still am of the opinion that what I saw and photographed may be nothing more unusual than commercial airliners lit in such a way as to look "other wordly".

I have attached a few of my pictures that are highly cropped from the originals. You will see the surprising similarity between my pictures and the one on your Keefer page. I don't know if they are the same type of object, but I found it uncanny to come across this page only two weeks after making a similar sighting - that I described in near identical terms and that records on film similarly.

Note that all the pictures show a second object in the distance, which I believe is the first object I had originally sighted.

My main interest is to try and photograph planes at the exact time and location these photos were made to see if they will come out looking the same. Also, some pictures I took I now believe may show signs of wings... I am delayed in trying to make similar observations because of my sprained muscle in my left arm that has been aching acutely in the last two weeks and also because I have not yet encountered these exact weather condition on a day I was able to check for it.

Additional Information:

Yes, well this is the very page I visited this evening and saw the object identical-looking and same description as what I saw and photographed.

I did not have time to view all the video clips on the above page but watched the first one that shows the actual object.

Of course, I would be curious to see any other updates and maybe photos made of similar objects by other people. As I mentioned, I believe that what I saw and photographed may be a commercial airliner, so I would need to see something really uncanny about the Keefer object behaviour to make me reconsider.

One problem I had about my sighting was that the object moved in a straight line and at a speed one would expect of a plane. So nothing uncanny besides the appearance of the object... And that seems to match the Keefer description (so far as I know) If the object were to stop in mid-air, now that would be quite another matter !

Thank you to the eyewitness for the report.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments:

Post a Comment