Saturday, January 19, 2008

Springbank Airport, Calgary Alberta - Pilot Sighting

Posted: January 19, 2008

Date: August 26, 2006 Time: 9:05 p.m.

Description: As I taxied my aircraft a Cessna 172 to the hold line of runway 25 at the Springbank airport, I was cleared for take-off to remain in the circuit (a traffic pattern resembling a race track around an active runway for the purposes of training, and maneuvering aircraft in and out of an airport). I observed my intended flight path to note an object that originally resembled an Airship, which from my perspective would have been over or very near the town of Cochrane. The object was "egg" shaped, and appeared to be dark grey or black in colour, however most of this was as a result of being against the background of the sunset. I inquired with the Tower Controller if there was indeed an aircraft working over Cochrane, or in that direction to which I was advised "no".

I then observed the object appear to change to a circular shape, and rapidly back to it's original "egg" shape. I reported this to the Tower Controller and remained in my position at the end of Runway 25.

At this time I observed the object move easterly and stop in a very defined motion with no sign of acceleration or deceleration. The object again altered shape, and moved upwards slowly but again with very defined motion. My report continued to Air Traffic Control and it was advised to me that there was nothing on Radar. Another Cessna 172 aircraft transiting the Control Zone advised that the same object (or one of similar description) was observed over the Control Tower approximately 5-10 minutes prior with "No Lights, No Sound".

My Commercial Flight Instructor was in a Piper Arrow behind my aircraft in cue for take-off and observed this object and copied all of our radio transmissions. I was still cleared for Take-off into the circuit, and advised that once at circuit altitude (1000 feet above ground level) I would give further information. At this time the object moved west, stopped, and continued east bound, when it disappeared. No further visual contact was made with the object that I saw, to the best of my knowledge.

Light conditions = Dusk/Dawn

Shape = Point of Light

Size = Size of a finger nail

Sound = Sound-No

Number of witnesses = 3 witnesses

Conditions = I've read the conditions agreement -I agree

Confidentiality = Use my name - NO

Contact you? = Email-Yes

Object appeared to be moving in an east west line at or near the town of Cochrane.

Duration = 4 minutes

Stationary? = Not visible for 5 minutes

Direction of travel = East

Change direction? = Yes

How did you lose sight of object? = lost sight - vanished.

Number of objects = 1 UFO

Color = Dark Grey/Black

Thank you very much to the AUFOSG for the report. Also you can view their website at: http://www.aufosg.com/

If you have any information about this sighting, please contact the AUFOSG at: aufosg2003@yahoo.ca

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments:

Post a Comment