Friday, January 18, 2008

Vancouver, British Columbia Gun Metal Grey Metallic Cylinder

Posted: January 18, 2008

HBCC UFO Research Note: After reading this sighting report below, and you happen to live in the Vancouver/North Vancouver, B.C. area and may have witnessed this unusual object. Would you please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at HBCC UFO Research. Thank you.

Date: July 5, 2006 Time: 4:00 - 5:00 p.m.

Number of witnesses: 2 Number of objects: 1 Shape of objects: Gun metal grey metallic cylinder.

Full Description of event/sighting: I went on a smoke break on the rear alley entrance balcony, and my attention was immediately drawn to this "metal rod" floating in a very ominous manner, like a feather, or balloon blowing in the wind. I could only comprehend this thing as a balloon of some sort, until I noticed that it was very smooth and dark grey in color, and reflected the sunlight. I called for my employer to come witness this bizarre "floating rod". He watched it silently for about 2 minutes, and to my surprise, he was very startled. He then make a silly UFO joke and went back inside.

This object seemed to be over the down town area as I was looking west. I watched it for about 3 minutes as it travelled northwest, over North Vancouver. I found it quite freaky because it seemed quite fast for a balloon in the shape of a "metal rod" to move in that manner. It seemed to slow down, spiral upwards then it slowly turned and banked, in a very peculiar fashion. I got a very good long look at it, and seen no sign of any creases, letters or numbers, or anything at all on the exterior of this "metal rod". It was simply, a shiny, metal looking cylinder, the shape of a cigarette, and it was very stiff and rigid. The more I thought about it, I began to change my mind about it being a helium or gas filled device, because if it was a balloon, the strong winds at that height probably would have caused the cylinder to warp in shape, or noticeable strains in the exterior fabric. If this was a fabricated floating device, it was very well engineered.

I imagine that I would have seen the interior frame pressing against the fabric, but it was completely smooth. I would be relieved to find out if others had seen this "metal rod" that floated over the city yesterday afternoon. Please reply if you witnessed this "metal rod" or if have any photos or ideas of what this object is.

Thank you to the witness for the report.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments:

Post a Comment