Saturday, January 19, 2008

Over North Surrey, B.C. White Lights In A Triangular Pattern

Posted: January 19, 2008

Date: August 7, 2006 Time: 02:35

Number of witnesses: 1 Number of objects: 1 Shape of objects: Triangular

Full Description of event/sighting: Hi Brian, glad to see you seem to be feeling better. Monday morning I was going through one of my brief periods of insomnia brought about by all the hot weather we had been having. I was sitting here playing with my computer and glancing out the window every few moments. I had just had a quick look around and saw nothing but no sooner had I glanced back at my computer when a bright flash caught my attention. I looked up and saw three large white lights arranged in a triangular pattern with a white strobe in the centre. For a second I thought it was a plane as it was flying with the base of the triangle as the leading edge. I quickly grabbed my binoculars and managed to observe it for several seconds. All I could make out was a vague dark shape between the lights and even the strobe didn't appear to light up the area around it.

There were no other lights that I could see other than the white ones. No green or red running lights. It was flying at approx:. 1000 ft. west bound towards the airport. It appeared to be in a shallow dive doing approx:. 200 mph. Judging by its rate of descent I don't think it would have reached the airport unless it flattened out after I lost sight of it behind my bldg. I doubt if it was more than about a quarter of a mile away when I first saw it and completely silent. The sky was completely clear that night and traffic noise was pretty well none existent so I should have been able to hear it if it was a plane. As to where it came from I've no idea, I had just looked out and seen nothing, yet there it was almost two thirds of the was across my window. It was almost as if it had just materialized at that spot and continued from there. Just remembered size. Well not sure but appeared bigger than most private planes but smaller than two engine commercial jet.

Just a few comments re: other reports.

That silver cigar shaped object sounds just like the one I saw over by Burnaby Mountains you may recall it vanished over the Hydro line across from Pt. Moody. It appeared to have been following the harbour eastward.

A while back you had a report of an object with red lights flying over Burnaby, Coquiltlam etc. I believe that was approx:. one am. During that week the new Police chopper (Air one) was up almost every night between midnight and approx:. two am. They made a number of orbits over Surrey, Coquitlam, N. Burnaby and then appeared to swing south over E. Vancouver and then I would lose sight of them until they reappeared over my bldg. heading back over Coquitlam. I don't know if you have seen the movie Blue Thunder but Air one reminds me of that Movie chopper when it was in whisper mode. When it passes over my bldg. all I hear is a slight whistling sound as it approaches and then as it comes into sight a sort of swooshing sound for a few moments then nothing. That chopper is amazing as well as beautiful to look at. Almost forgot why I brought it up. When they are doing their thing late at night and there is no other air traffic they often run with just red lights showing. Probably they can see better without the green and white lights flashing in their eyes. I suspect that it was the witness saw.

Thank you to the witness for the report.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments:

Post a Comment