Friday, March 11, 2011

An Amazing UFO Encounter At Churchill Manitoba Canada


Date: Mid-October, 1959 ?
Time: Approx: 6:45 p.m.

Number of witnesses: 2
Number of Objects: 1
Shape of Objects: Circle (as seen from bottom only)

Full Description of Event/Sighting: When I was a kid, for two years from 1959 to 1961 my family lived in Churchill, Manitoba. It may have been around mid-October 1959 – later in the year, but before snowfall that I was on my way to Cub Scouts when I saw something unusual.

To get to the cub shack, I would cut through a number of buildings, generally trying to avoid walking outside too much because of the risk of encountering polar bears.

However, the last leg of the walk to the shack was down a dirt road isolated from other buildings. To provide some perspective, the Hudson Bay was to my right across an expanse of rocks as I walked towards the cub shack.

Suddenly, another kid on his way to cubs up the road ahead of me said, ‘look at that,’ or words to that effect. Looking up, I saw a perfect circle profiled against the already dark sky.

The circumference of the circle was clearly defined, but the interior looked like a rolling cloud or plasma about as bright as neon (as I would think later when I saw neon signs in Regina), though there was no lighting effect on the ground.

I don’t recall the colour when I first saw it, but of those I can recall, it would transition through red, green, yellow, a dark colour that made it look like it had disappeared, and white.

The colour changes accompanied a rolling appearance in the cloud or plasma towards the center.

That rolling motion can be visualized by imagining the effect of tossing a stone in a pond and watching the waves ripple out from the point the stone hit the water, but reverse that rolling, wave motion and make it move towards the center, where the stone hit the water, i.e. from the periphery inwards.

As soon as the rolling “wave” hit the center, the entire colour changed, and the sequence repeated. It was quite spectacular.

Thinking that it was the northern lights, I thought that I should try to remember the sequence of colour changes so that I could tell my parents and they would know I really saw the northern lights. But, whenever I thought I had the sequence nailed, either it changed or I was uncharacteristically confused.

After a couple of minutes of this, the other kid further up the road said, we’d better hurry, or we’d be late, and I went on to cubs. Oddly, perhaps, I always thought of what I saw as the northern lights, and even when I saw pictures of the northern lights later I would just think that the one I saw was better.

At about seventeen, when I told the story of my northern lights to someone I knew who was studying television repair at Algonquin College, he said that what I saw was a UFO, so I got some books and read up on UFOs and concluded that he was probably right.

If it was a UFO, it was either very large or very low because I was looking straight upward at it the whole time and it virtually filled my field of vision.

Unfortunately, though, I neither saw it come nor go, it was just there when I looked up, and it never occurred to me to look back when I left. I have been lucky enough to see a few UFOs since that time, but it has always seemed strange to me that they have always been different, one from the other, and that in reading reports I’ve never come across one described quite like that one in Churchill.

The dates are my best guess.

If anyone has witnessed the UFO/Object, please send me an email with details of what you saw. Please remember to include the date and time and location. (Town/City – State or Province) and as much detail as possible.

Vike Factor Note: I do receive sighting reports from everywhere in the world, and I post all of the reports I receive here: http://the-v-factor-paranormal.blogspot.com/

Brian Vike.
Box 1091
Houston, British Columbia, Canada.

Email: v_factor_paranormal@live.com or b_vike@telus.net

The Vike Factor -  Houston, British Columbia Centre For UFO Research. Canadian UFO Investigator Brian Vike.

No comments:

Post a Comment